Sunday, July 24, 2011

Garden is going great

The hard work with the garden is starting to pay off.  Tonight for dinner everything but the chicken came from our garden- green beans, zucchini, onions and sweet corn.   

There are still a lot of weeds to pull- I never keep ahead of them with pulling and mulching, but I'm not a perfectionist and I won't spray them with poison.     The peas are at the tail end of the season and the asparagus we declared pretty much done and let it grow out.   There are still carrots and garlic to finish growing up.   Hopefully we will get some pumpkins but the plants aren't looking that great. 

For dessert the kids had ice cream with raspberry sauce.   The sauce was from our raspberries, but the ice cream was from the store.  I'm not quite motivated to make ice cream since I don't eat it much.   If anyone has any non-dairy recipes that include raspberry sauce I'm looking for suggestions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment